Muay Thai, also known as Thai-Boxing, is a traditional martial art developed centuries ago. Nowadays, Thai-Boxing is trained as a competitive and fitness sport, but also as a means of self-defense.
In these videos you get to know the defense and counters. Ten Thai-Boxing Champions show the best possible defense against an opponent´s attack and how to follow up with an effective attacking technique of your own.
You will see defense and counters against punches, elbow techniques, kicks, and knee techniques.
You will learn how to catch and attack the opponent s kicking leg and how to react if the opponent catches your kicking leg. Also you will also learn how to control your opponent in a clinch, to throw him away from you, to defend against his attacks and to get out of his grip.
Among the actors you will see current world champions like Saiyok, Kem, Phetbonchu, Nonsai, Samranchai, Antuan, Jaochalam and Armin. The videos will acquaint you with techniques by which these athletes win their fights. All technical details are described in detail for easy understanding and adaptation.
Use the videos to develop into an advanced Thai-Boxer. You can also use the techniques as an effective method of self-defense.
Watch out for the other online courses of this series: 'Muay Thai Basic Techniques' and 'Muay Thai Training and Techniques Intensive'.
- Phetbonchu FA Group (World Champion, 4-times Lumpini Champion, 4-times Thai Champion).
- Saiyok Pumphanmuang (World Champion, Lumpini Champion, Rajadamnern Champion, voted as best Thai Boxer 2010, member Thai Fight team).
- Kem Sitsongpeenong (World Champion, Thai Champion, Rajadamnern Champion, voted as best Thai Boxer 2011, member Thai Fight team).
- Armin Windysport(World Champion, 2-times Thai Champion, member Thai Fight team).
- Antuan Siangboxing (triple World champion, member of Contender Asia 2).
- Nonsai Sor Sanyakorn (many international titles).
- Samranchai 96Peenung (Thai Champion).
- Jaochalam Chatnakanok Gym (World Champion).
- Petpatum Nakorntongparkview (former South Thai Champion, Stuntman in Ong Bak 1-3).
- Prakaisaeng Sit Or (Thailand Champion).
Author of Muay Thai, Self-Defense and fitness books.
Muay Thai Trainer education 1995-2001 with fight experience.
Muay Boran Kru.
Muay Thai gym owner in Thailand.
Fitness, Martial Arts and Self-Defense teacher.
Producer of the Muay Thai DVD series with 10 World and Thai Champions.
Some of my Muay Thai books:
'Muay Thai Counter Techniques' (2013)
'Muay Thai Training Exercises' (2013)
'Muay Thai Basics' (2005).
PreviewDirect Counter 1: Push Kick (1:42)
StartDirect Counter 2: Side Step and Kick (1:25)
StartDirect Counter 3: Uppercut Elbow (1:37)
StartAvoid 1: Step Back (2:01)
StartAvoid 2: Lean Back (1:41)
StartDeflect 1: To the Inside (1:27)
StartDeflect 2: With Step to the Outside (2:44)
StartBlock 1: To the Front or Outside (1:29)
StartBlock 2: With Inside Turn (1:25)
StartBlock 3: Against Punch from the Side (2:06)
StartBlock 4: Against Uppercut (1:43)
StartCatch: Counterpunch (1:09)
Frequently Asked Questions